Nuclear Medicine, a medical specialty involving the application of radioactive substances and magnetic materials in the diagnosis and treatment of disease have been highly successful in diagnosis of difficult to detect diseases and therapy of various dreaded diseases. Recently, there have been a tremendous research progress in development of newer methods, conjugates and pharmaceuticals for diagnosis and therapy using nanomaterials and nanomedicine approaches in radioactive materials.
The purpose of this special issue proposal is to summarize the recent advances in the field of new NanoMedicinal and Nanobiotechnological advances in development of probes and materials for potential molecular targets and understanding of their mechanism of actions, new radioconjugates development using nanobiomaterials, clinical evaluation and application of new Nano-radiopharmaceuticals, and new techniques/therapy development using Biomaterials. Recent progress will be covered through research articles, review articles and short communications.
The subtopics to be covered in this issue are (though not limited to):
– NanoChemistry of new radioactive elements.
– Organic chemistry of Nano-radiopharmaceuticals, chelating agents and standalone Nano-radiopharmaceuticals.
– Progress in SPECT using Nanobiomaterials.
– Progress in Nano-Positron Emission Tomography (nanoPET).
– Application of nanoscience and nanotechnology to Nuclear Medicine.
– Identification of new therapeutic targets.
– Treatment advances of various diseases – cancer, infections, inflammations etc using nano-radiopharmaceuticals.
– Clinical studies and evaluation of nano-radiopharmaceuticals.
– Malarial/mycobacterial/microbial/viral diagnosis and therapy development using nano(bio)materials including biochemical aspects of nano-biomaterials.
– Therapeutic and diagnostic applications of new nano and biomaterials.
– New therapeutic policies and emerging targets for Nuclear nanoMedicine.
– New approaches adopted for the development of nanomedicine of new radiodiagnostic and radiotherapeutic molecules.
– Rational design and drug discovery-Structure-activity relationship (SAR).
– NanoDrug Delivery of radiopharmaceuticals – application of different nanobiotechnology conjugates and systems in radiopharmaceuticals.
– Synthetic strategies of new radioactive conjugate molecules.
– Molecular self-assembly as drug delivery carriers of radiopharmaceuticals – Nanotechnology and Biotechnology.
– Environmental aspects, safety measures advances in nuclear medicine.
Manuscript submission: Submission open and ongoing now.
Issue Completion: August 2020.
Nuclear and Nano-Medicine researchers are invited to submit their research / review article for this special issue. Manuscript should be prepared and submitted as per author guidelines provided on journal site.
Author Guidelines for preparation of manuscript:
Manuscript template (download): Download template MS word 2007-2010, Citation manager style files and other details are provided in author guidelines section on journal site.
Manuscript Submission: Authors need to submit their manuscript on http://thesciencein.org/journal/index.php/jmns/about/submissions OR http://pubs.iscience.in/journal/index.php/cbl/about/submissions (India-regional site).
There is no fees for publication in special issue or journal.